Sentrim Mara Camp
Sentrim Mara camp is located about 3 km from the Sekenani gate which is one of the entry gates in the Masai Mara National Reserve in the south western part of Kenya. There are a number of tourist facilities in this camp to offer tourists a comfortable and relaxing stay at the Sentrim Mara camp and they include a reception area, lounge, restaurant, bar, fire place, pool bar, a beauty spa, swimming pool and some rooms have beautiful views of the Ngama hills.
Tourists stay in the different types of rooms in the Sentrim Mara camp which include standard rooms, superior tents and family houses. These rooms are all equipped with private hot showers, safe deposit boxes in the room, solar power, coffee making facilities.
Sentrim Mara camp also offers other services for their guests such as sundowner cocktails, breakfast in the bush, bush lunch or dinner which is organised in the lodge. Tourists also get massage services at a fee upon request to the camp.
Depending on the different factors at the hotel, a tourist is able to get the room type they booked. The different factors which affect the booking of rooms at the Sentrim Mara camp include the following;
- Price of the room is an important factor when making a reservation at an accommodation facility since this determines whether the guest will be able to afford the room or not.
- Room preference looks at the types of rooms which guest wish to stay in during their safaris and this also influences the decision of a guest when making a reservation.
- Location of the room (scenery or view) is also important to some guests since some guests prefer rooms where they are able to watch the beautiful scenery around them as they relax in the comfort of their rooms.
- Security at the hotel is very important during making reservations at an accommodation facility since this determines whether the guest and his or her property will be safe during their stay at the lodge or camp.
- Availability of the rooms is an important factor during making a booking at an accommodation facility since this determines whether the lodge, hotel or camp have rooms where the guests can stay during their safari.
- The meal plan is very important when booking a room at an accommodation facility. This helps both the accommodation facility and the guest to know which meals are available at the hotel, lodge or camp. The meal plan also helps the accommodation facility to be aware of the special meals a guest may require, any allergies of the guest among other factors.
Activities organised by Sentrim Mara camp
The camp also organises activities within the Masai Mara National Reserve such as guided nature walks, game drives, balloon safaris, Maasai visits among other activities which are organised at a given fee.
- Guided nature walks involve exploring the beauty of the reserve on foot in the company of a ranger guide while enjoying views of the wilderness and the open plains within the Masai Mara National National Reserve.
- Game drives are among the ways which tourists can explore the Masai Mara National reserve during a wildlife viewing experience. This activity takes place at different times of the day such as in the morning and in the evening hours. The possibility of seeing the wildlife species also depends on the time of day in that during morning game drives tourists are able to spot the wildlife since they are more active during this time of the day compared to the evening game drives.
- Balloon safari provide an aerial view of the Masai Mara National Reserve, the beautiful scenery and its different attractions such as the wildlife species which include the lions, leopards, cheetahs, elephants, buffalos, rhinos, giraffes, wildebeest, hartebeest, waterbucks, warthogs among others which can be seen grazing and roaming around the plains of the reserve.
- Community Tours: Masai visits involve interactions between the tourists and the Maasai people. During these interactions, tourists get to know about the ways of life of the Maasai, visit the “manyattas” which are the traditional houses of the Masai, watching traditional dances, seeing local arts and crafts such as beaded jewellery which includes necklaces, bracelets, anklets, earrings and many others.
People in charge of booking at Sentrim Mara camp
Bookings for rooms at Sentrim Mara camp can be made by the clients directly or by the tour operators who organise safaris for tourists to Maasai Mara reserve. The charges for the tour operators varies from the fees paid by the individual tourists.
Tour operators are a favourable option for tourists in terms of making bookings for safaris to Masai Mara National Reserve while staying at Sentrim Mara Camp. This is because tour operators can organise many other specific details for a successful trip such as the transport used as well as the different activities for tourists to engage in during their safari.
There are different procedures which tourists or tour operators go through before booking the rooms at Sentrim Mara camp and they include the following;
- Providing check-in and check-out days at the hotel
- Confirm the number of guests who will be staying at the accommodation facility and inform the Sentrim Mara camp in case of special room requests such as extra beds. Guests can also inform the camp about the ages of the children in case they are travelling with any.
- Ask about the services offered by the hotel such as room service, swimming pools among other services.
- Reserve the room. This step in making the booking at Sentrim Mara camp may involve making a deposit to the camp for the room to be reserved under the name of the guest. Some accommodation facilities however may require full payment for the room reservations.
Different accommodation facilities have different cancellation policies. Some of the accommodations in the Maasai Mara reserve may require the guests to pay a specific amount of money following a violation of cancellation terms of the facility.
Other accommodation facilities however may not require any payments by the guest following cancellations of the rooms.
Payment means at Sentrim Mara camp
Payments for the bookings at the Sentrim Mara camp can be made by credit card or by cash.
The restaurant at Sentrim Mara camp offers a variety of cuisines for their guests such as a buffet or a la carte meals.
How to get to Sentrim Mara camp
Tourists can access the Sentrim Mara camp by both road and flight or air means.
By road, tourists can drive from Nairobi via Narok and then proceed to the Sentrim Mara camp.
There are also flights which are available for tourists staying at the Sentrim Mara camp which is proceeded by a drive to the camp from the airstrip.
Enjoy a relaxing and comfortable stay at the Sentrim Mara camp and create the best memories on your safari.