East Africa Tourist Visa : The East African countries which are members of the East Africa Community that is Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya have introduced an East Africa Tourist Visa for tourism purposes among the three countries.
This decision was reached upon following a meeting held in – Kigali city which was attended by experts from Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya to discuss modalities of coming up with a single tourist visa application form. Once the decision was reached on, uniform application for the visas are printed and sent to all partner states, embassies and High Commissions.
An East Africa Tourist Visa allows tourists a multiple entry in Uganda, Rwanda and Kenya and it is valid for 90 days “3 months”, one can apply for the East Africa Tourist Visa at any of the diplomatic representations of The Republic of Uganda, Repubic of Kenya and Republic of Rwanda and or at the Immigration Offices of the representative countries or online where applicable.
The introduction of an East Africa Visa (single regional tourist visa marks the beginning of free movements of goods and persons including tourists in the region, the visa was introduced with intentions of reducing bureaucracies involved in getting multiple visas. By adopting a single visa, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda open their doors to billions of potential tourists from all over the world.
Note: Tanzania and Burundi, have not yet signed off on the common region visa.
“The East Africa Tourist saves you (Tourists) time and the rigorous process of having to move from one embassy to another while applying for different visas to travel across the three East Africa Community partner states – Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda”.
All tourists intending to visit any of the two East African countries for a safari must apply for the visas individually with acceptable travel documents valid not less than 6 months from the date of intended travel.
An East African Passport costs USD 100 (one hundred dollars only) and it is valid of 90 days.
A holder of an East African passport is allowed to enter from the country that issued the visa and is free to travel to the other two countries without applying for another visa or paying an additional fees.
For instance, if your safari starts from Uganda and you applied for your East Africa Visa from Uganda, then your entry point is Uganda then proceed to other countries (Rwanda and Kenya).
Note: The East African Tourist Visa is not a work visa and it shall not be extended,
PEOPLE ELIGIBLE FOR EAST AFRICA TOURIST VISA
The following people are eligible for East Africa Tourist Visa include
- A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism.
HOW TO APPLY FOR EAST AFRICA TOURIST VISA
Individuals can apply for East Africa Visa from their point of entry, one can book for the visa via online
Kenya – www.ecitizen.go.ke.
Steps for acquiring an East Africa Tourist Visa
- Step 1: Log into the Immigration Portal and select start new application
- Step 2: Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 3: Select the visa or permit type, category and sub category
- Step 4: Complete the application form
- Step 5: Upload the required documents; a six-digit application ID eg. (234790123) is automatically generated as the reference number
- Step 6: Make payment for applications that require prepayment.
- Step 7: Upon approval, for application that don’t require top up payment, an approval letter will be generated and emailed to the applicant on the home page
- Step 8: Upon approval, make a top up payment for applications that require a top up payment. After payment an approval letter is generated and emailed to the client
- Step 9: Report to the immigration office/ border for biometric capture with all documents uploaded, payment receipts, approval letter and passport
REQUIREMENTS FOR EAST AFRICA TOURIST VISA
- One clear passport size photo with white background recently taken without glasses, caps and surf, the photo should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo the application is not advisable.
- A complete filled application form
- Vaccination certificate
- Flight bookings/ safari itinerary
- Proof of financial sustainability during the travel period
- Any other documentation that may be requested for purposes of processing the visa application