7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking tour
7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking tour is excitement in the wilderness of 2 different countries with both wildlife and primate species. Kenya and Rwanda are among the African top tourism destinations that equip the guests with a lifetime experience. The 7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking can be done in two ways starting in Nairobi and ending in Nairobi or Starting in Rwanda and ending in Nairobi.
Highlights of the 7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking tour
- Day 1: Nairobi to Masai mara
- Day 2: Full day Masai mara
- Day 3: Masai Mara to Nairobi
- Day 4: Nairobi to Kigali
- Day 5: Kigali to Volcanoes national park
- Day 6: Gorilla trekking
- Day 7: Departure
Details of the Tours
Day 1: Nairobi to Masai mara
- Transfer to Masai Mara: Be met by our driver guide in the place of the agreement either at the hotel in Nairobi or upon arrival at the airport. You will be briefed on 7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking. After the briefing, you embark on your journey to the famous Masai Mara national reserve. We will reach the lodge during lunchtime, have lunch and some rest. In the afternoon go for evening game drive to look for the big game and residents of the reserve like Lions, leopards, Rhinos, elephants, buffalos, zebras, giraffes, kobs, gazelles, wildebeest, warthog and many more. Dinner and overnight at our lodge.
Day 2: Full day Masai mara
- Full-Day Game Drive: Have a wonderful day at the national reserve, we can start with breakfast or go first for a pre-breakfast game drive to search for the early action. This is the best time for the game drives always and they are enjoying watching the nocturnal animals returning from daily activities. Live strong action of the big cats and other predators and birds looking for the early warm. After the game drive we drive back to the lodge for mid breakfast, rest as we wait for lunch. After lunch go for another evening game drive this time on another conservancy of Masai mara to look for what we might have missed during the previous game drives. Dinner and overnight at our lodge.
Day 3: Masai Mara to Nairobi
- Game Drive: Wake up for our breakfast, after we check out of the lodge as we go for our last game drive at the reserve. This is our last day of 7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking in Masai mara national reserve. We have a half-day game drive.
- Transfer to Nairobi: Then we head back to Nairobi with enroute lunch stop. We continue with our drive to Nairobi, check-in our hotel for refreshments and relaxing as we wait for our dinner. Have evening city walk if you don’t mind as we explore more about African life. We have our dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Nairobi to Kigali
- Flight to Kigali: Depending on the availability of the flight and its time, have breakfast and drive to the airport to catch up with our flight to Kigali. You will be warmly welcomed in the land of 1000 hills by the driver guide at the airport. Drive to your hotel for lunch and in the afternoon have a brief city tour to this clean city in Africa. Kigali city is small but endorsed with more tourism points where guests can enjoy the history of the country and other cultural sites. Dinner and overnight at our hotel.
Day 5: Kigali to Volcanoes national park
- Transfer to Volcanes: Day 5 of 7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking starts with breakfast after we complete our city tour. We have lunch break at the city then drive to Volcanoes national park which takes only 2 hours. We check in our lodge for a relaxing afternoon as we get used to the climatic conditions around the park. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 6: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking Experience: The joy of 7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking is today!! Wake up for an early breakfast before we drive to the park headquarters for briefing. The Gorilla tracking experience starts with a briefing by the park wardens before you are divided on to groups of 8 people. Each group will be led by the ranger top of the specific Gorilla family which the ranger will brief you on the details of the family. Gorilla trekking takes between 1 hour to 8 hours depending on the location of the Gorilla family your assigned to. The movement of the gorillas also determines the time one spends doing Gorilla trekking. You will spend one hour with the gorillas after meeting them before you return back to the park headquarters where you meet your driver-guide. You will have relaxing moments inside the park before we drive back to the lodge. In the evening we go for cultural tours around the area like Ibiyachu cultural center to enjoy the cultural performances of the Rwandese. Dinner and overnight.
Day 7: Departure
- Departure: Our last moments of 7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking, depending on your flight you will leave the lodge early in the morning and be dropped to the airport for your flight back home or to Nairobi.
Cost includes Gorilla permit, Park entry fees, All accommodations and meals during the safari, English speaking driver-guide, Mineral water during the safari, and a Safari van.
Cost excludes Domestic flights, International flights, VISA, Personal expenses, Optional activities, Alcoholic and soft drinks, and Tips.
End of the 7 Days Kenya and Rwanda gorilla trekking