6 Days Masai Mara & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking tour
6 Days Masai Mara & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking tour is one of the best East Africa safari tours that one can engage in as they explore wildlife & Gorillas. View the greatest and largest world animal migration that is wildebeest migration combined with the only remaining rare mountain Gorillas. This safari can start from any of the two countries Uganda or Kenya and can even add Rwanda.
Highlights of the 6 Days Masai Mara & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking tour
- Day 1: Nairobi to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 2: Full day Masai Mara
- Day 3: Morning game drive and fly to Uganda
- Day 4: Entebbe to Bwindi
- Day 5: Gorilla trekking
- Day 6: Departure
Day 1: Nairobi to Masai Mara national reserve
- Transfer to Masai Mara: Wake up early for our morning breakfast, after your driver-guide will meet you at the hotel in Nairobi. Have detailed briefing on our 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi Gorilla trekking itinerary before we start our drive to the famous Masai Mara National Reserve. Our drive takes 6 hours through Maasai villages, we will have a stop at Narok townhome of local Maasai crafts. After continue to our lodge for lunch and some brief refreshments.
- Game Drive: After lunch, we go for an afternoon game drive in search for the reserve permanent residents like lions, leopards, giraffes, elephants, rhinos, wildebeest, gazelles, hyenas, buffalo, topis and much more game. We return back to our camp for dinner and overnight.
Day 2: Full day Masai Mara
- Full-Day Masai Mara: Have an early morning game drive to search for the live-action early in the morning. Catch up with big cats like lions, leopards, cheetahs, and others as they are hunting. The morning game drives are more of an action-packed tour. We then drive back to our camp for late breakfast, wait for lunch then embark on the afternoon activity with great game drive. We take another side depending on the time of the year we can go to the Mara river to catch up with wildebeest migration. Dinner and overnight at your lodge.
Day 3: Morning Game drive and fly to Uganda
- Game Drive: Have another day of action with morning game drive, we will look for more game before we return back to the camp for breakfast.
- Fly to Entebbe: After transfer to the airstrip to catch up with your flight to Uganda. You will be met by the Ugandan driver-guide at the Airport (Entebbe international airport) where you will be transferred to your hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 4: Entebbe to Bwindi
- Transfer Bwindi: Enjoy the pearl of Africa breakfast, after transfer to Bwindi impenetrable forest national park. The drive takes 9 hours but worth it, you will have a stop at the Equator for pictures before we continue to Mbarara where you will stop for lunch. After lunch, we proceed to Bwindi as we have scenic views of the Kigezi highland also called the Switzerland of Africa. We check in our lodge later in the evening.
Day 5: Gorilla trekking
- Gorilla Trekking: This is the highlight of our 6 days Masai Mara and Bwindi Gorilla trekking safari. Going on a Safari to Uganda without Gorilla trekking is not complete. The Gorilla trekking activity starts with briefing by the game rangers after clearance at the park headquarters. The guests will be subdivided into groups of 8 people. After that, you will be assigned to the game ranger and the gorilla families. You will be given more details of the gorilla family you are going to trek like number of the gorillas in that family, meaning of the name of the gorilla family and others. You will now encounter the jungle with the lead of the game ranger, we look for the gorillas in their natural home. After meeting them you will spend one hour with the gorillas taking photos enjoying their playful life. After we return back to the park headquarters where you will be issued with Gorilla trekking certificates. We drive back to our lodge for relaxing, in the evening we go for an optional community walk. We meet with the locals in the community with their unique traditions and cultures. Dinner and overnight at the lodge.
Day 6: Departure
- Departure: We finalize our 6 Days Masai Mara & Bwindi Gorilla Trekking tour. Check out of the lodge after breakfast and drive back to Entebbe with enroute lunch stop. We have more views on our way back. You will be dropped at the airport for your late flight back home.
Cost includes Gorilla permit, Park entry fees, All accommodations and meal during the safari, English speaking driver-guide, Mineral water during the safari, and Safari van.
Cost excludes Domestic flights, International flights, VISA, Personal expenses, Optional activities, Alcoholic and soft drinks as well as Tips.