Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve
Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve are one of the most important service providers with in the park since they provide where travelers will spend a night. Our team has a selection of good Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve that fits all the guests’ budget from Budget, midrange, and Luxury. Our company has taken more steps to negotiate the hotel rates on behalf of our guests through signing partnership agreements. We give our guests’ hotel choices depending on their requested level. Our team of experts has simplified the lodging choices of guests who are looking for Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve. There are over 100 hotels/lodges and camps that are found in Masai Mara national reserve. Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve is one of the factors that determine the cost of the safari to Masai Mara.
There are a good number of hotels that are found in Masai Mara national park, Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve are located both inside the reserve while others are found outside the reserve but close to the entry gates. Most luxury hotels like Mara Serena lodge, Governor’s lodge, and others are located inside the reserve near the mara river where the Great wildebeest migration occurs. The guests enjoy the fresh air at the balcony while enjoying wildlife view at the same time. Most of the hotels are built with modern facilities but using local materials facing the wide-open plains of the Masai Mara national reserve. The park has designed specific points where the tents or hotels or lodges are constructed so as the maintain the conservation of the wildlife.
We select our Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve we use based on some factors like location of the lodge in relation to the wildlife viewing points. The other considerable factors ae the quality of services provided, the room quality which includes the size of the room, beds, room service, mini bar, drinking water, and others. Meals or dishes provided that is local or international while others provide both local dishes and international dishes. Amenities, accessibility and other facilities available in relation to the standard of the hotel/lodge/camp.
The Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve which we recommend can also be divided into zones that cover the conservancies that makeup Masai Mara National Reserve. The zones are 5 which include the Eastern Zone, Northern Zone, Central Zone, Western Zone, and Southern Zone. The 5 zones account for the 5 private conservancies that are found in Masai Mara National Reserve. The other part is the Primary public reserve which hosts most of the Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve. Each of the 5 zones has lush accommodations with all the levels of accommodation that take you close to nature you fill the greatness of the true African wildlife.
The Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve are booked in advance especially during the high season that is from June to October when the wildebeest migration occurs. It is not easy to get free accommodation on the last minutes due to the restrictions from the conservancies on the number of lodges and rooms that are allowed at the reserve. The landowners have subdivided their land for multiple uses like ranches, agriculture, lodges, and reserves. The rooms are always in Single rooms, double rooms, and triple rooms. Some hotels or lodges have family cottages that can accommodate a family of up to 8 people.
Some of the lodges in Masai mara include Elephant Pepper Camp, Mara Serena Lodge, Sentrim Mara, Mara Plains Camp, Governor’s camp, Rhino Camp, Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp, Asyhil Camp, Royal Mara, Mara Simba camp, Mara sopa lodge, Sekenani Camp, Sarova Mara Game Camp and many more.
Facilities in Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve
The following are the common facilities that are found in most of the lodges depending on the level of accommodation that is from Budget, Midrange, and luxury accommodation.
- 24 Hours service
- Laundry services
- Free WIFI
- Television set
- Terrace or Balcony
Activities that are more commonly organized by Hotels in Masai Mara National Reserve include:
- Game viewing: When staying in any of the hotels both inside and outside the reserve, you will enjoy great wildlife experience with daily game drives. Masai Mara is home of African big game that hosts all the members of African big 5 like Lions, Leopards, Rhinos, Elephants, and buffaloes. Other games include wildebeest, zebras, hyenas, cheetahs, gazelles and many more. The game drives are done in the day time though some conservancies do allow night game drives in Masai Mara.
- Horse riding safaris: Masai mara is one of the few popular game reserves that have horseback rides inside the park. Some hotels arrange this activity to add value for your money as you enjoy the endless wildlife experience while in Africa.
- Cultural/village walks: There some hotels that arrange visits to the local Masai people, you enjoy the traditional lifestyle of the Masai people and others.
- Balloon safaris: Like Governors Camp, they organize hot air balloon safaris for their guests, you will feel the eagle eye of the open plains of Masai Mara national reserve. The hot air balloon takes you close to the action of nature very early in the morning hours.
- Birding safaris: Masai mara national reserve is a birding paradise that hosts over 570 bird species. Different bird species roam around the lodges at all times.